Atari’s iconic Centipede video game cabinet premiered in arcade’s back in 1980. It was the first video game to be developed by a female engineer, Dona Bailey.
RepliCade Centipede is a fully-playable miniature arcade cabinet which is officially licensed by Atari and shares all the features of the original Centipede cabinet, including a miniature Trak-Ball, Fire and Player 1 & 2 buttons.
Meticulously crafted from die-cast metal and wood, the insides are loaded with a Centipede arcade ROM outputting onto a 3.5 inch LCD screen with smooth, lag free gameplay. The machines will include LED backlighting to light up their marquees and rechargeable lithium ion batteries. The miniature cabinets will even come with die-cast metal coin doors, with coin return buttons that feed credits into the machines.
It is indeed as authentic an arcade experience that you can get; albeit in a 1/6th scale.
This one is for the bona-fide collector and enthusiast.
- Accurately reproduced 1/6th scale cabinet profile
- Dimensions: 30cm x 13.3cm x 11.4cm
- Mixed media cabinet appointments: wood, metal, plastic, rubber
- LED back-lit Marquee & cabinet accents
- Custom made mini Trackball and push buttons
- High-quality speaker, 3-watt amp for accurate audio reproduction
- RepliCade high-performance chipset for smooth, lag-free gameplay. It runs on a closed system that boots directly into the ROM. By pressing the right coin slot, players will have access to all the options that the original machine had in the arcades.
- On/Off switch and volume control knob
- Accurate art reproduction, laminated vinyl side and control panel overlays that look great, won’t rub off or bubble
- Powered by built-in rechargeable Lithium ion battery
- Includes micro USB charge cable
- Large 3.5” LCD full-color screen (4:3 aspect ratio - vertical orientation)
- Dedicated Centipede game featuring original arcade game ROM
- Officially licensed by Atari
- Premium retail packaging
If you grew up during the golden-arcade era of gaming, you may also like: